the sKy...mY giVen riGht to dReam and wRiTe

prOuD aRab...proUd Muslim...pRoud UAEen... pRouD to be... always pRoud..prOud of my hEritage... pRouD to be... pRoud of everything in me...pRoud, always pRoUd

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Personal Notes...from my world

I'm in my cacoon today...retreating from the world, yet the world insists on joining me...I'm determine to purge some of it off my delicate system!



Did you know Israel had a President? No. Plain truth. Yes, his name Katsav, he's now being charged for rape.!

Did Sharon die, yet? I don't know why I even care, but I always keep asking. I'm sure his will be very slow to come.

I love reading, but some posts just drag on and on. I hate having to read everything to come with one line that' useful. Here's my new way of reading blogs, i usually read controversial ones, if it's rather a long post, i head straight to the comments and skim for info! Tried and tested, it works.

I want to learn all about the british and portuguese invasion/occupation of the UAE! Occupations usually leave behind, remnants of their cultures. I found terms like: cancel, time, light, but then there are other terms like seeda, which is urdu, meaning straight, the local term being jidam but most don't know it,thanks to our taxis (another post!)

McDonald is changing its look to match the tempo of todays's world, a.k.a. steal your money by giving you extra fats to live with/more guilt! Today's life tempo: SLOW~~~~so, following StarBucks tradition, Mc is losing its flashy red-yellow-orange colours to more alluring and relaxing hues and replacing its indoor small tables with cushy sofas. What is the world coming to.

*****I can see the lies, lying dormant in your eyes
yet I believe you, you lie, I believe
a stupid notion, maybe the lies will reach a number and one day you will tell.
the truth I don't seek, your integrity I pray.
it's a stupid notion******

Lebanon, what have become of us?

I'm listening to, mind drifting away and away....i wish oneday I'll pray in the AlAqsa mosque in the Quds and see the place where the Prophet Muhammed prayed with all the other prophets behind him. To forget myself there....

Contemplating the UAE's progress. Will it be a sad story?

Missing my grandma who taught me the greatest prayer, she'd alway say: الحمد لله حمد الشاكرين
I long for her hands to wrap me and drown me with her voice and prayers.

i small, I capital?

(DG I'm counting on you to spot any broken links.....with all my gratitude)

1 Comments:

At 11/10/2006 7:49 AM, Blogger pRoUd said...

Sweet sweet DG, you cannot walk out on me like that! I need a checker, you know how bad things can get ;) I’m not away, I have troubles posting for some reason! Very frustrating. I don’t know what’s wrong with my blog but I’m working on it, so rest assured, you’ll hear from sooner than you might want. On another note, I cannot hide that the blogging did get to me, the negative, destructive criticism became unbearable, its awful that many people believe immediately what’s written. The vulgar and colored language is just too much! This is the world, you can’t hide from it and you can’t live in it, so humor it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home