the sKy...mY giVen riGht to dReam and wRiTe

prOuD aRab...proUd Muslim...pRoud UAEen... pRouD to be... always pRoud..prOud of my hEritage... pRouD to be... pRoud of everything in me...pRoud, always pRoUd

Saturday, October 07, 2006

a sound that make me CRINGE

The sombre and serene atmosphere that greets me as I step into the mosque, takes me to an elevated state of being. A sense of relief overwhelms me and I don't seek to understand why. All my life, I leave it on the doorstep. I go in very light, and very humbled. I love this place. I miss it everyday and every minute of the year. I only come here for about 24 days, only during the Holy Month of Ramadan. I carry nothing with me only hopes and well wishes that Allah will bestow me with his everlasting forgiveness and grant me a place in Heaven next to the Prophet. When the mo'athen calls for the prayer, every soul and body stand erect and proud to be here, yet humbled as we stand between the hands of Allah, or at least that is how I feel and extend the assumption. Unfortunately, some women come with everything in mind but to pray!
I hate the way these women abandon their shoes at the mosque's doorstep haphazardly. It is most unsightly scene besides cause of many tripping accidents. I hate the way these women talk in "hush-hush" voices when everyone else hears. I hate the way these women bring their unweaned children who's shrieks tear at your soul. Kids under 7 should be left at home, out of consideration to everyone else's feelings. My "I hate the way these women" is long and maybe exhaustive but all is tolerable and excusable.

What I hate the most and can not fathom to understand is the nerve these women have bring their mobiles to the holy shrine of the mosque and letting it ring. The sound make my soul turn, Nokia Tunes, latest songs etc... It is so dispecable and utterly rude. Have no one ever showed them the "silent" mode?

2 Comments:

At 10/10/2006 10:42 AM, Blogger pRoUd said...

thanks DG...I know men also suffer, bt can't say anything out of experience;) mayb u can.

 
At 10/14/2006 1:42 AM, Blogger flamin said...

Grrr...tell me about it. Last year at 3mrah, people were talking on the phone and performing the Tawaf. Women slept in the 7aram and on the sound of Athan, just got up and prayed and slept. Haven't they heard of Wodhu!

Uff...we make the biggest mistake by trying to search of faith in people, when they are all faithless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home