the sKy...mY giVen riGht to dReam and wRiTe

prOuD aRab...proUd Muslim...pRoud UAEen... pRouD to be... always pRoud..prOud of my hEritage... pRouD to be... pRoud of everything in me...pRoud, always pRoUd

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Not to be published!

It's weird how one year ago, I didn't have a job. Unemployed was my title. At this exact last year I was in a different realm, out of town, dreaming, hoping, and aspiring about the job to be. I knew that once I came back a job will be waiting for me, the alarm will have some company again, the sun will shine on my soul, and I thought of all the days that will be full. The job I had accepted, 8-5. That pretty well says it. No life!

For the last year I’ve been at work, miraculously I've gained about 6 kilos. I have less and less to do everyday, I browse the net every second, I check my mail very 30 second, I speak less to people, I have no patience or tolerance, I'm glued to the TV, and watch re-runs, I drink coffee every hour,

During my one sabbatical year, although I had nothing, zero, nada things to do, I could've slept throughout the day, and night for the matter, browsed the net all I wanted, slouched on the couch yet, everyday I slept nearly at the same time woke me nearly with the birds and the break of dawn, sometimes indulged in a big healthy-type breakfast. I had a routine I set for my self. I checked my mail only once a week, on one day at a specific time. Browsed the net daily, but only for certain time. I had so many allocated times: Family time. Me time. Book time. I had time for everything. There was a day for "luxury me". I had to choose my favourite T.V. shows so in total I spent about 4 hours per week on T.V.

It has been on that year that I started my first blog. Although I have long abandoned it, I stumbled across it by chance and decided to make a come back. I think I will go ahead and publish this. It will remind me of the days when... and perchance my dreams will cling to me somemore.

It seems like these two years will be very distinctive years in the book of my life. Had I been a tree, any one would see the formation of two distinct rings, as disparate as me and you, clearly indicating the happening of big thing. And they'll wonder.

I have long quit my current job. The lack of motivation and incentive burnt me alive. I'm waiting for the formalities to be over. I'm moving on.

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains
unchanged to find
the ways in which you yourself have altered."
- Nelson Mandela

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home